The Star on the countdown for new Events Centre
Sydney's newest entertainment destination, The Star, is just one year away from completing the final component of its $870 million redevelopment. Construction is well underway on a 4000 capacity multi- purpose Events Centre designed to host concerts by A-list performers from around the world as well as domestic and international seminars, trade shows, exhibitions and award ceremonies.
Aiming to fill a gap in the Sydney entertainment and convention market, the $100 million venue will be the largest of any hotel event space in the city, giving Sydney an edge over other facilities in New South Wales and around Australia.
Designed by world renowned company Sceno Plus, who have also created The Colosseum at Caesars Palace and The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, the 1077m2 column free venue is set to house the latest technology and production facilities, including a retractable seating system.
The Events Centre will boast sweeping views over Sydney Harbour and the city. Internationally renowned architects Fitzpatrick & Partners have designed the building's unique glass structure which is shaped like a jewel with many facets and inspired by reflective city lights.
The Star Hotels and Food and Beverage General Manager, Drew Schlesinger, said: "We already have the 2,000-seat Lyric Theatre for musicals and major theatre productions and now we will have a specialised venue for other major performances and conferences, all within our newly redeveloped property, The Star.
"Pair our entertainment facilities with our world renowned chefs and restaurants, variety of five-star accommodation options, nightlife venues, shopping area and gaming facilities, and we believe we have achieved a one-of-a-kind entertainment destination with multiple reasons for people to visit."
Features of the Events Centre
1. New multi-purpose venue –The 1077m2 column free event space offers the flexibility to host all types of events including domestic and international meetings, seminars, trade shows and exhibitions, functions, gala dinners, award ceremonies and special events.
2. Capacity – The events centre has varying capacities for each function type, including 4000 standing room, 1100 for banquets, 2000 for cocktail receptions and 3200 for theatre- style events which can be broken down into two sides each with a capacity of approximately 500. There is also a separate meet and greet room that can hold 130 for theatre- style set ups.
3. Location & Views – The Events Centre is located near the heart of the city and harbour, with a rooftop forecourt area boasting panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and city skyline.
4. Technology – Equipped with the latest technology and production facilities, the Events Centre was designed by Sceno Plus who has created some of the world's most incredible event facilities, including The Colosseum at Caesar's Palace and The Joint in Las Vegas.
5. Design – Internationally renowned architects Fitzpatrick & Partners were responsible for the unique glass structure, shaped like a faceted jewel and inspired by reflective city lights.
6. Service – The staff at the Events Centre will be handpicked from around the globe for their expertise and will deliver the highest level of service.
7. Culinary credentials – The Star is home to an all-star cast of chefs and restaurants, including David Chang, Stefano Manfredi, Teage Ezard and Chase Kojima. With the addition of a brand new commercial kitchen to the Events Centre, banquet guests will be able to enjoy restaurant quality food created by the team headed by The Star's Executive Chef Andy North.
8. Accommodation – The Star also has a variety of five star accommodation options, including the existing 5 star hotel and apartments Astral Tower and Residences, or the new lifestyle boutique hotel The Darling Hotel and Spa. There are now 652 rooms across the three properties, with another 2,000 rooms in close proximity.
9. Event expertise – The Star has a proven event track record and a team of experts who know how to turn ideas into events and create tailored experiences for guests.